Keeping Your Car Virus-Free
Washing your hands and disinfecting high-traffic surfaces are the best way to keep COVID-19 out of your car's interior. But you don't want to run in blind and panic wipe everything. There are specific precautions and practices to use when keeping a vehicle germ-free. So how can you know you're cleaning the right way? Well, we've put together guidelines for the enthusiast so you can easily keep your car free of pathogens.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after driving with soap and water.
Disinfect non-porous surfaces before and after driving.
- Use alcohol-based wipes with at least 70% alcohol to ensure viruses and bacteria removed.
- Use surface-specific cleaners on leather, upholstery, mats & carpets, and plastics.
Avoid ammonia-based cleaners on touch screens and tinted windows.
- Ammonia-based cleaners can damage anti-glare/anti-fingerprint coatings.
- Sonax glass cleaner is an excellent non-ammonia alternative.
Limit the number of passengers while driving.
- The fewer passengers you have, the fewer vectors for virus transmission.
Consider having a professional steam clean leather & fabric.
- Steam cleaning gets hot enough (118 degrees Celsius) to kill viruses.
Consider having a professional treat your vehicle with ozone.
- Ozone is a reliable virucide and will rid your car entirely of harmful organic material.